The Allandale groups.io discussion group is sponsored by the Allandale Neighborhood Association for the benefit of residents, property owners, and others interested in the neighborhood.
To join the Allandale group, send an e-mail with the subject “Subscribe” to allandale-neighborhood-austin+allandale-neighborhood-austin+subscribe [Email address: allandale-neighborhood-austin+subscribe #AT# groups.io - replace #AT# with @ ]. Please include your full name and street that you live on so we can verify that you are a resident of Allandale.
We love our surrounding neighborhoods/neighbors. Do you live in Brentwood? Crestview? Rosedale? or Shoalwood? Feel free to join, make sure you explain that you live in one of those neighborhoods in your request. Are you a City association? Council Member? Or affiliated with a government body or local organization? We’d love to have you a part of our Group.io as well. Just let us know who you are when you subscribe!
Allandale Newsgroup Posting Guidelines
The Allandale Newsgroup is a service of the Allandale Neighborhood Association. We ask that anyone who posts on the Group.io abide by our guidelines that were established by the Allandale Neighborhood Association.
The Allandale Newsgroup is for messages of a general interest to Allandale which may include discussions and opinions of issues affecting the neighborhood. The following types are also acceptable:
- Announcements of neighborhood events
- Requests for information
- Requests for advice on volunteer or commercial services
- Requests for volunteers for activity within the neighborhood
- Positive suggestions for improving the neighborhood
- Service, trade, restaurant recommendations, items wanted, and garage sale notices
The following are NOT acceptable:
- Insulting or inflammatory messages
- One-on-one messages, messages to a specific individual, or “chats” between individuals
- Messages which are intended to promote a business, unless the message is in response to a specific request for a service or product you provide.
- A discussion of issues not related to our neighborhood
In general, follow these netiquette guidelines:
- Think before you post
- Answer critics with respect
- Postings should deal with issues not individuals
- Probing to find out more about an individual who is posting to the newsgroup or remarks about an individual are not acceptable
Users who violate these guidelines are subject to a warning from the moderator and removal from the newsgroup for subsequent warnings.
Questions? Email Sarah Torchin you Group.io Moderator at allandalemoderator [Email address: allandalemoderator #AT# gmail.com - replace #AT# with @ ]