The Allandale Neighbor newsletter, published 6 times a year, needs an editor.
This is a volunteer position that takes approximately 20 hours/issue (6 issues/year). The newsletter reaches 4,900 households in Allandale.
- Call for content around the 15th of the month prior to publication (newsletters are published Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, and Dec)
- Sends submitted content to newsletter editors and can write articles if desired
- Coordinates with the layout artist to make sure content fits along with advertisements
- Reports to the Communication Committee chair if advertising revenue is not sufficient for the page count and works with newsletter staff and ANA board to make sure newsletter does not lose money
- Final edit of content
- Creates four Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) invoices for each issue that are then sent to the Worley Printing for processing at the USPS and sometimes communicates with layout or printer on timing of final newsletter
- Handles the approximately 80 extra newsletters that EDDM won’t deliver and makes sure these homes get a newsletter
If you’re interested, contact allandale.neighborhood [Email address: allandale.neighborhood #AT# gmail.com - replace #AT# with @ ]