Join Allandale’s newsgroup to receive email about neighborhood happenings and follow discussions on matters of interest to Allandale residents. It’s free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
To subscribe, please follow these 2 steps:
- Send a blank email to allandale-neighborhood-austin+allandale-neighborhood-austin+subscribe [Email address: allandale-neighborhood-austin+subscribe #AT# groups.io - replace #AT# with @ ]. You’ll receive a subscription confirmation email that requires your response for validation.
- Reply to the subscription confirmation email (please note: your request will expire if you don’t reply in 7 days, so check your spam folder regularly.)
When you subscribe, you may select one of these message delivery methods:
- Individual Emails (you’ll receive messages one at a time)
- Daily Digest (you’ll receive messages in batches of 15 or once a day)
- Special Notices (you’ll receive messages sent by the group’s moderators only)
- No Email (messages are available to read on the web only)
Allandale Newsgroup Posting Guidelines
The newsgroup is sponsored by the Allandale Neighborhood Association and is for the benefit of residents, property owners and others interested in the neighborhood. However, content of messages is solely the responsibility of the poster. The Allandale Neighborhood Association does not endorse or support the content of any particular message on this forum.
Please note our guidelines below. In particular, please note that our rules preclude unsolicited advertising of commercial enterprises, but responses to specific requests are more than welcome, as are mentions of small efforts like babysitting, arts and crafts, etc.
Our posting recommendations follow:
- Think before you post
- Answer critics with respect
- Postings should deal with issues not individuals
- Probing to find out more about an individual who is posting to the newsgroup or remarks about an individual is not acceptable.
Our posting guidelines prohibit the following:
- Insulting or inflammatory messages
- One-on-one messages, messages to a specific individual, or “chat” between individuals
- Messages which are intended to promote a business, unless the message is in response to a specific request for a service or product
- A discussion of issues not related to our neighborhood
In addition, you agree to abide by the group.io Terms of Service as stated here: https://groups.io/static/tos