Austin Oaks Redevelopment Visions & Values Workshop
January 12, 2016 • 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Austin Board of Realtors (Auditorium A)
4800 Spicewood Springs Road
If you missed the December workshop, here is another opportunity to provide input. Residents of neighborhoods surrounding Austin Oaks (Allandale, Balcones, North Shoal Creek, NW Hills) are invited to attend this workshop to provide input on what you would like to see at this site and learn about the upcoming charrette.
Results of this workshop and the one held on December 16 will provide direction to the charrette, so this is an important opportunity to express your views. The workshop will last about 2 hours. Agenda:
1. Welcome (Ben Luckens)
• Meeting purpose
• How did we get here?
• What’s been happening?
• Meet the Working Group
• Meet the Charrette Team
• Charrette week schedule
2. What is a Charrette? (Kareeshma Ali, Farr Associates)
3. Town Planning (Doug Farr, Farr Associates)
4. Existing Site Conditions (Sean Compton, TBG, Doug Farr)
5. Facilitated Tabletop Discussions (Doug & Sean)
• Objectives & Strategies Exercise
– What do you envision?
– How do you make it happen?
• Report back on tabletop discussions
6. Next Steps
• Finalizing the Objectives & Strategies
• Charrette, January 25–29, at Congregation Agudas Achim Social Hall, Dell Jewish Community Campus, 7300 Hart Lane [NOTE: venue was changed from Austin Oaks to Agudas Achim]
• Charrette schedule
For More Information