Good morning! Please find below the status of work for the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements
Completions Prior Week:
- Set forms for curbs and gutters on northbound Nasco
- Poured curb and gutter on northbound Nasco
- Set forms for driveways on northbound Nasco
Rain Days: ½ day on Wednesday, July 11
**The schedule below is projected as accurately as possible, however, all dates are subject to change due to the nature of construction and weather**
- Pouring driveways northbound Nasco, Monday, July 16
- Backfilling curbs on northbound Nasco on Monday, July 16 and Tuesday, July 17
- Continuing minor repair work of storm drain box culverts Monday July 16th through Tuesday, July 24
- Raising castings (manhole covers) and water valves on Monday, July 16 and Tuesday, July 17
- Completion of large rock in tributary, Monday July 16 and Tuesday, July 17
- Installation of hand rail at tributary, Thursday, July 19 and Friday, July 20
- Begin priming of roadway for northbound Nasco on Friday July 20 through next week
Work next week:
- Continued work in storm drain box Monday, July 23 and Tuesday, July 24
- Finalizing all items before paving schedule begins.
We will send letters detailing the final paving schedule as soon as the schedule has been confirmed by the contractor. We currently expect final paving to begin around the beginning of August.
We ask again that all residents please obey traffic control signage during the construction and to not go around closures. Failure to do so can result in traffic accidents, pushing cars or pedestrians into work zones or into trenches. Bypassing the traffic controls endangers fellow residents and work crews. If disregard of the traffic barricades continues, it will be necessary to ask APD to monitor the area and issue tickets to violators. Please avoid parking your car in the work zone, as this may cause delay to the progress on the project. Finally, please stay clear of the work zones and do not cross into the work zones. These safeguards are established for your protection and the protection of the construction crew. Again, safety of the citizens of Austin is our main concern, so we respectfully ask for your cooperation.
Finally, your trashcan will be moved behind the curb on the opposite side of the street during construction in your area. If you’d like to make sure that you receive your same waste receptacle back, please label the receptacle with your street address. Crews will return the receptacle to your address at the end of the day of pickup.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found athttp://www.austintexas.gov/stormdrains
Please note the new construction manager, George Jackson. Project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, George Jackson
George.Jackson [Email address: George.Jackson #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Michelle LoRee Frith
outreach and marketing coordinator
city of austin public works