Good morning! Please find below the status of work for the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements
Completions Prior Week:
- Excavated southbound Nasco, Monday June 18-Tuesday, June 19
- Removed curbs and gutters and driveways south bound Nasco Monday June 18.
- Graded the subgrade of southbound Nasco
- Cement stabilization of southbound Nasco Wednesday, June 20
Rain Days: None
Holiday: No work will be performed on the project on Wednesday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
**The schedule below is projected as accurately as possible, however, all dates are subject to change due to the nature of construction and weather**
- Setting forms for curbs and gutters on southbound Nasco on Monday, June 25-Tuesday, June 26
- Setting forms and pouring driveways on south bound Nasco on Wednesday, June 27 and Thursday, June 28
- Backfilling curbs on southbound Nasco from Wednesday, June 27 through Friday, June 20.
- Priming southbound Nasco on Friday, June 29
- Switch traffic phase to southbound Nasco, closing northbound Nasco on Saturday, June 30
Work next week:
- The final inlet will be set on Nasco on Monday, July 2
- Cast-in-place hybrid inlet top will be completed on Tuesday, July 3
- Excavation of north-bound Nasco will begin on Tuesday, July 3
- Removal of curb/gutter and driveways of north bound Nasco will begin on Thursday, July 5
- Cement stabilization of north bound Nasco will take place on Friday, July 6
- Crews will cut finish grade for curbs on northbound Nasco on Saturday on Saturday, July 7.
We ask again that all residents please obey traffic control signage during the construction and to not go around closures. Failure to do so can result in traffic accidents, pushing cars or pedestrians into work zones or into trenches. Bypassing the traffic controls endangers fellow residents and work crews. If disregard of the traffic barricades continues, it will be necessary to ask APD to monitor the area and issue tickets to violators. Please avoid parking your car in the work zone, as this may cause delay to the progress on the project. Finally, please stay clear of the work zones and do not cross into the work zones. These safeguards are established for your protection and the protection of the construction crew. Again, safety of the citizens of Austin is our main concern, so we respectfully ask for your cooperation.
Finally, your trashcan will be moved behind the curb on the opposite side of the street during construction in your area. If you’d like to make sure that you receive your same waste receptacle back, please label the receptacle with your street address. Crews will return the receptacle to your address at the end of the day of pickup.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found at http://www.austintexas.gov/stormdrains
Please note the new construction manager, George Jackson. Project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, George Jackson
George.Jackson [Email address: George.Jackson #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Michelle LoRee Frith
outreach and marketing coordinator
city of austin public works