There’s no better way to enjoy a spring Saturday than by spending it at the Violet Crown Festival, which will be held this Saturday, May 5 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Brentwood Park (6710 Arroyo Seco, 78757). Admission is free.
The festival – staged by Violet Crown Community Works (VCCW) — will feature local arts and crafts vendors, family fun, children’s activities, live music, and refreshments. The festival’s major sponsors are Amy’s Ice Creams, Burnet Road Self-Storage, Grande Communications, John Dunham/Juice Homes, The Pilates Center of Austin, Roger Beasley Mazda, State Farm/Nancy Callahan and Texas DPS Credit Union.
The schedule of entertainment includes:
- 11 a.m. – The Violet Crown Community Theatre’s production of “Super Cinderella” (fun for the whole family)
- Noon – Jill and the Jaybirds (kid-centric entertainment, including bilingual music, puppetry and stories)
- 1 p.m. – Roger Beck and the 29th St Band (swing and country standards)
- 2 p.m. – McCallum High School Steel Drum Band (eclectic and varied music from one of Austin’s treasures)
- 3 p.m. – The New Maps (Americana-laced pop/rock)
- 4 p.m. – The Ron Titter Band (guitar rock, pop-punk, soul ballads, and party sounds
- 5 p.m. – Deann Rene (rock/pop/indie)