Good afternoon! Please find below the status of work for the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements
Completions Prior Week:
- The first 1.5” of pavement on White Horse was completed and White Horse is now open for full use
- Completion of the forming and pouring of curb and gutter on White Horse
- White Horse driveways poured and formed
- Curbs on White Horse backfilled with top soil
**The schedule below is projected as accurately as possible, however, all dates are subject to change due to the nature of construction and weather**
Rain Days: None
Holiday: No construction performed on Monday, May 28 in observance of Memorial Day
- Pre-excavation for water tie-in at Nasco and White Horse on Tuesday, May 29, 2012
- Switching water services on Nasco to the new water main on Tuesday, May 29. The switch will be completed on Wednesday, May 30.
- Raise castings on both sides of White Horse from Wednesday, May 30 – Friday, June 1
- Sod both sides of White Horse on Thursday, May 31
- 8” water line tie-in at Nasco and White Horse is scheduled for Wednesday, May 30, with a shut out from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- In order to complete the water line tie-in at Nasco and White Horse, there is a closure of White Horse eastbound from Cary to Bull Creek. Traffic westbound on White Horse will not be affected. This work is currently scheduled to occur on Thursday, May 31 or Friday, June 1.
- Flexterra has been laid on Rickey Drive
Work next week
- 8” water line tie-in’s on Nasco between Cavileer and Twin Oaks and Nasco are currently scheduled for Monday, June 4, with a water shut out from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Affected residents have been notified.
- Construction crews will begin installing inlets on Nasco next week.
- Crews will begin cast-in-place hybrid inlet top for Nasco next week.
We ask again that all residents please obey traffic control signage during the construction and to not go around closures. Failure to do so can result in traffic accidents, pushing cars or pedestrians into work zones or into trenches. Bypassing the traffic controls endangers fellow residents and work crews. If disregard of the traffic barricades continues, it will be necessary to ask APD to monitor the area and issue tickets to violators. Please avoid parking your car in the work zone, as this may cause delay to the progress on the project. Finally, please stay clear of the work zones and do not cross into the work zones. These safeguards are established for your protection and the protection of the construction crew. Again, safety of the citizens of Austin is our main concern, so we respectfully ask for your cooperation.
Finally, your trashcan will be moved behind the curb on the opposite side of the street during construction in your area. If you’d like to make sure that you receive your same waste receptacle back, please label the receptacle with your street address. Crews will return the receptacle to your address at the end of the day of pickup.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found at http://www.austintexas.gov/stormdrains
Please note the new construction manager, George Jackson. Project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, George Jackson
George.Jackson [Email address: George.Jackson #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Inspection Supervisor, Greg Weems
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Michelle LoRee Frith
outreach and marketing coordinator
city of austin public works
please note email address change effective August 15: michelle.frith [Email address: michelle.frith #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]