Good morning! Please find below the status of work for the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements
Completions Prior Week:
- Nasco storm drain completed to 6404 Nasco.
- Curb and Gutters and all but one driveway completed on east side of Bull Creek
- Prime coat completed
- Driveways are sanded on east side of Bull Creek
- Notices have been distributed on Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222 regarding traffic switch
- Rain Days: None
- Installation of a storm trunk line on Nasco from 2600 White Horse (Nasco side of corner) to 6411 Nasco will require a full closure of Nasco from Monday, March 5 through Friday, March 9.
- Completion of the water line on Nasco will necessitate a closure 2600 White Horse to 6411 Nasco after the completion of the storm drain trunk line, currently scheduled from Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16.
- Nasco activation of storm lines will be after completing main and service lines, testing, chlorinating and the water main into the existing water system at White Horse and Carleen. Then the storm drain laterals and setting the inlets will begin.
- Traffic control will be switched on Bull Creek beginning Tuesday, March 6. Work on the west side of Bull Creek will begin on Tuesday, March 6.Preparation of the subgrade on the west side of Bull Creek will necessitate a full closure of the west side of Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222.
- Monday, March 5 crews will prime the east half of Bull Creek, which will require a closure of the east half of Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222
- Beginning Tuesday, March 6, a full closure of the west half of Bull creek between Shoal Creek and 2222 will be necessary to start the reconstruction of the west half of Bull Creek, following the same process as has occurred on the east half.
- Curb and gutters and driveway removal on the west side of Bull Creek will begin Tuesday, March 6 and is expected to continue through Monday, March 12. This work will require a full closure of the west side of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to 2222.
- Installation of new curb and gutter and driveways is expected to begin on Tuesday, March 13 and continue through Friday, March 16. The west side of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to 2222 will remain closed during this construction.
Reconstruction of Bull Creek includes barricades placed at appropriate intervals. This work will include milling of the asphalt on one half of the street at a time. Removal of the curb & gutter and driveways will follow the milling operation. Once the removal of the curbs & gutters and driveways is complete, subgrade work will begin, which includes preparing the soil underneath the pavement. You should be aware that the machines doing this work will cause some vibration as the soil is compacted.
We will notify residents as we approach their block. This reconstruction work is currently scheduled to begin on the west half of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to Northland on Monday, March 12. Once the west half is milled, the remaining work on each block will take an additional 3-4 weeks, meaning work will progress at the pace of one block per month. Letters with details about the construction will be hand delivered door to door to the residents on Bull Creek. Once again, please note that the schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
We ask that all residents please obey traffic control signage during the construction and do not go around closures. Failure to do so can result in traffic accidents, pushing cars or pedestrians into work zones or into trenches. Bypassing the traffic controls endangers fellow residents and work crews. If disregard of the traffic barricades continues, it will be necessary to ask APD to monitor the area and issue tickets to violators. Again, safety of the citizens of Austin is our main concern, so we respectfully ask for your cooperation.
Finally, your trashcan will be moved behind the curb on the opposite side of the street during construction in your area. If you’d like to make sure that you receive your same waste receptacle back, please label the receptacle with your street address. Crews will return the receptacle to your address at the end of the day of pickup.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found at http://www.austintexas.gov/stormdrains
As always, project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, Tony Krauss
Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Inspection Supervisor, Greg Weems
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Michelle LoRee Frith
outreach and marketing coordinator
city of austin public works