Good morning! Please find below the status of work for the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements
Completions Prior Week:
- Cement subgrade mixing has been completed on the east half of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to 2222
- Work continued on the water line from 2600 White Horse to 6307 Nasco.
- Began curb and gutter work on Bull Creek
- Water main installation has been completed up to 6308 Nasco
- Rain Days: None
- Installation of a storm trunk line on Nasco from 6401 Nasco to 6505 Nasco will require a full closure of Nasco from Monday, February 27 through Tuesday, March 6.
- Completion of the water line on Nasco will necessitate a closure of 6406 Nasco to 6508 Nasco after the completion of the storm drain trunk line, currently scheduled from Wednesday, March 7 through Friday, March 9.
- Nasco activation of storm lines will be after completing main and service lines, testing, chlorinating and the water main into the existing water system at White Horse and Carleen. Then the storm drain laterals and setting the inlets will begin. Expectations are that the storm drain will be active in 5-6 weeks.
- From Monday, February 27 through Tuesday, March 6, crews are currently scheduled to form and pour driveways and form and pour curbs and gutters, followed by the driveways on Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222. This work will require the closure of the east half Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222.
- Work crews will raise castings and backfill the curbs on Bull Creek from Wednesday, March 7 through Friday, March 9, requiring a full closure of the east half of the roadway of Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222.
- Friday, March 9 crews will prime the east half of Bull Creek, which will require a closure of the east half of Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222
- Beginning the weekend of Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11, a full closure of the west half of Bull creek between Shoal Creek and 2222 will be necessary to start the reconstruction of the west half of Bull Creek, following the same process as has occurred on the east half.
Reconstruction of Bull Creek includes barricades placed at appropriate intervals. This work will include milling of the asphalt on one half of the street at a time. Removal of the curb & gutter and driveways will follow the milling operation. Once the removal of the curbs & gutters and driveways is complete, subgrade work will begin, which includes preparing the soil underneath the pavement. You should be aware that the machines doing this work will cause some vibration as the soil is compacted.
We will notify residents as we approach their block. This reconstruction work is currently scheduled to begin on the west half of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to Northland on Monday, March 12. Once the west half is milled, the remaining work on each block will take an additional 3-4 weeks, meaning work will progress at the pace of one block per month. Letters with details about the construction will be hand delivered door to door to the residents on Bull Creek. Once again, please note that the schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
We ask that all residents please obey traffic control signage during the construction and do not go around closures. Failure to do so can result in traffic accidents, pushing cars or pedestrians into work zones or into trenches. Bypassing the traffic controls endangers fellow residents and work crews. If disregard of the traffic barricades continues, it will be necessary to ask APD to monitor the area and issue tickets to violators. Again, safety of the citizens of Austin is our main concern, so we respectfully ask for your cooperation.
Finally, your trashcan will be moved behind the curb on the opposite side of the street during construction in your area. If you’d like to make sure that you receive your same waste receptacle back, please label the receptacle with your street address. Crews will return the receptacle to your address at the end of the day of pickup.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found at http://www.austintexas.gov/stormdrains
As always, project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, Tony Krauss
Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Inspection Supervisor, Greg Weems
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Michelle LoRee Frith
outreach and marketing coordinator
city of austin public works