Good afternoon! Please find below the status of work for the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements
Completions Prior Week:
- Installation of a storm trunk line on Nasco from 2600 White Horse (Nasco side of corner) to 6411 Nasco
- Installation of final tributary limestone blocks
- Mixing of cement from Shoal Creek to Northland on Bull Creek
- Removed curb and gutters and driveways the full length of the west side of Bull Creek
- Rain Days: Friday, March 9
- Work on the storm drain trunk line on Nasco will necessitate a full closure from approximately 2600 White Horse to 6411 Nasco from Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16
- Work on the water line on Nasco will begin after completion of the storm drain trunk line. This work is expected to begin on Monday, March 19 and will continue through Friday, March 23. Construction on the water line will require a full closure of Nasco from 2600 White Horse to 6411 Nasco.
- The completion of storm drain lines on Nasco is contingent on the activation of the new water line and service lines: this requires testing, chlorinating, and joining the new system into the existing water system at White Horse and Carleen.
- Work to complete the subgrade and cement slurry on Bull Creek will begin on Monday, March 13 and is expected to be completed on Friday, March 18. This work will require a full closure of the west half of Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222.
- Installation of new curb and gutter and driveways is expected to begin on Tuesday, March 13 and continue through Friday, March 23. The west side of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to 2222 will remain closed during this construction.
Reconstruction of Bull Creek includes barricades placed at appropriate intervals. This work will include milling of the asphalt on one half of the street at a time. Removal of the curb & gutter and driveways will follow the milling operation. Once the removal of the curbs & gutters and driveways is complete, subgrade work will begin, which includes preparing the soil underneath the pavement. You should be aware that the machines doing this work will cause some vibration as the soil is compacted.
We will notify residents as we approach their block. Once the west half of Bull Creek is milled, the remaining work on each block will take an additional 3-4 weeks, meaning work will progress at the pace of one block per month. Letters with details about the construction will be hand delivered door to door to the residents on Bull Creek. Once again, please note that the schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
We ask that all residents please obey traffic control signage during the construction and do not go around closures. Failure to do so can result in traffic accidents, pushing cars or pedestrians into work zones or into trenches. Bypassing the traffic controls endangers fellow residents and work crews. If disregard of the traffic barricades continues, it will be necessary to ask APD to monitor the area and issue tickets to violators. Please avoid parking your car in the work zone, as this may cause delay to the progress on the project. Again, safety of the citizens of Austin is our main concern, so we respectfully ask for your cooperation.
Finally, your trashcan will be moved behind the curb on the opposite side of the street during construction in your area. If you’d like to make sure that you receive your same waste receptacle back, please label the receptacle with your street address. Crews will return the receptacle to your address at the end of the day of pickup.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found at http://www.austintexas.gov/stormdrains
As always, project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, Tony Krauss
Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Inspection Supervisor, Greg Weems
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Michelle LoRee Frith
outreach and marketing coordinator
city of austin public works
please note email address change effective August 15: michelle.frith [Email address: michelle.frith #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]