Completions Prior Week:
- Water lines connected on Nasco and White Horse
- Finished sewer lines on Nasco
- Curb inlets installed on White Horse
- Traffic Control set on Bull Creek
- Rain Days: Friday, February 10, Saturday, February 11 and Sunday, February 12. Schedule below does NOT take into account rain delays this week.
- Installation of 15’ curb inlet at 2600 White Horse (a residential address at the corner of White Horse and Nasco). Work is currently scheduled to occur on the Nasco side of the street beginning Monday, February 20 through Wednesday, February 22. Work will require a full closure on Nasco immediately North of White Horse. Due to the President’s Day holiday, no work is planned on Monday, February 20.
- Installation of an 8” water line on Nasco immediately north of White Horse. Work is currently scheduled to occur on Thursday, February 23 and Friday, February 24.
- Installation of 10’ curb inlet on the southeast corner of 2222 and Bull Creek beginning Tuesday, February 14 through Friday, February 17. Work will necessitate a full closure on the east half of the roadway on Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222.
- Mill the top 4” of roadway on Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222. Work will begin on Tuesday, February 14 and is expected to be complete on Wednesday, February 15. This work will necessitate full closure of the east side of Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222.
- Beginning Wednesday, February 15 through Monday, February 20, crews will begin removing existing curbs and gutters and driveways on Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222.(Completed)
- Neighbors have received letters/communication from inspector/project manager. (COMPLETED)
- Mix 10” of cement slurry will begin on Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222 Wednesday, February 16 and will continue through Thursday, February 23. Work will necessitate full closure of the east half of the roadway between Shoal Creek and 2222.
- From Wednesday, February 22 through Friday, February 24, crews are currently scheduled to begin the forming and pouring of driveways of forming and pouring of curbs and gutters on Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222. This work will require the closure of the east half Bull Creek between Shoal Creek and 2222.
Reconstruction of Bull Creek includes barricades placed at appropriate intervals to begin the work. This work will include milling of the asphalt on one half of the street at a time. Removal of the curb & gutter and driveways will follow the milling operation. Once the removal of the curbs & gutters and driveways is complete, subgrade work will begin. This includes preparing the soil underneath the pavement. You should be aware that the machines doing this work will cause some vibration as the soil is compacted.
We will notify residents as we approach their block. This reconstruction work will begin on the east half of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to Northland. Milling work was completed on the east half on Feb 14. The remaining work on each block will take an additional 3-4 weeks, meaning work will progress at the pace of one block per month. Letters with details about the construction will be hand delivered door to door to the residents on Bull Creek.
We ask that all residents please obey traffic control signage during the construction and do not go around closures. Failure to do so can result in traffic accidents, pushing cars or pedestrians into work zones or into trenches. Bypassing the traffic controls endangers fellow residents and work crews. If disregard of the traffic barricades continues, it will be necessary to ask APD to monitor the area and issue tickets to violators. Again, safety of the citizens of Austin is our main concern, so we ask for your cooperation.
The Livestrong Marathon and Half-Marathon will take place on Sunday, February 19 beginning at 7:00 a.m. The marathon course closes at 2:00 p.m. Shoal Creek northbound will be open to traffic, so you will be able to exit Bull Creek. For more information and to see the course map, please click here.
Finally, your trash can will be moved behind the curb on the opposite side of the street during construction in your area. If you’d like to make sure that you receive your same trash receptacle back, please label the receptacle with your street address. Crews will return the receptacle to your address at the end of the day of pickup.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found at http://www.austintexas.gov/stormdrains
As always, project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, Tony Krauss
Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Inspection Supervisor, Greg Weems
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Michelle LoRee Frith
outreach and marketing coordinator
city of austin public works