Following are construction updates for the next two weeks for the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements Project.
Completions Prior Week:
- Begun work on inlets on White Horse.
- Storm drain inspections on the first 1000 feet of Bull Creek have been completed
- Water lines on Nasco
Rain Days: Friday, February 3 and Saturday, February 4. The schedule below is NOT taking into account additional rain days, although current weather reports suggest rain on Thursday and Friday of this week.
- Installation of water lines on Nasco on Monday, February 6, requiring a flagger operation on Nasco between White Horse and Cavileer. Work has been completed.
- Installation of sewer services to 6305 Nasco on Tuesday, February 7, requiring flagger operation on Nasco between White Horse and Cavileer.
- Installation of inlet 86 at 2600 Nasco on Wednesday, February 8 and Thursday, February 9, requiring a flagger operation on Nasco between White Horse and Cavileer.
- Installation of an 8” water line on from 2508 to 2600 Nasco beginning on Friday, February 10 and continuing through the next week, Monday, February 13 through Friday February 17. This work will require a flagger operation on Nasco between White Horse and Cavalier.
Reconstruction of Bull Creek will begin next week. Barricades will be placed at appropriate intervals to begin the work. The work on Bull Creek will include milling and overlay on one half of the street at a time. Paving will begin once all the mill and overlay on Bull Creek is complete. We will notify residents as we approach their block. This work will begin on the east half of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to Northland. Work is currently expected to move forward at the pace one block per week. Letters with details about the construction will be hand delivered door to door to the residents on Bull Creek.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found at www.austintexas.gov/watershed/flood_allandale.htm.
As always, project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, Tony Krauss
Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Inspection Supervisor, Greg Weems
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Michelle LoRee Frith
outreach and marketing coordinator
city of austin public works
please note email address change effective August 15: michelle.frith [Email address: michelle.frith #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]