Good morning. Following are corrections to Wednesday afternoon’s email. Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding and for any inconvenience the prior email may have caused. Following are construction updates for the next two weeks for the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements Project.
Completions Prior Week:
- Completed three inlets on White Horse.
- Began water line on Nasco
Rain Days: Friday, February 3 and Saturday, February 4. The schedule below is NOT taking into account additional rain days, although current weather reports suggest rain on Thursday and Friday of this week.
- Installation of water line on Nasco has begun on Monday, February 6, and will continue on Monday, February 13. Work will require a flagger operation on Nasco between White Horse and Cavileer.
- Installation of sewer services to 6305 Nasco on Tuesday, February 7, requiring flagger operation on Nasco between White Horse and Cavileer. Work has been completed.
- Installation of inlet at 2600 White Horse (residence on corner of White Horse and Nasco, work occurring on the Nasco side of the corner) on Monday February 13 and Tuesday, February 14, requiring a flagger operation on Nasco between White Horse and Cavileer.
- Installation of an 8” water line on from 2600 White Horse (residence on corner of White Horse and Nasco, work occurring on the Nasco side of the corner) to 6500 Nasco beginning on Wednesday February 15 and continuing through the next week. This work will require a flagger operation on Nasco between White Horse and Cavalier.
- Reconstruction of Bull Creek will begin next week, Feb 13. Barricades will be placed at appropriate intervals to begin the work. The work on Bull Creek will include milling of the asphalt on one half of the street at a time. Removal of the curb & gutter and driveways will follow the milling operation. Once the removal of the curbs & gutters and driveways is complete, subgrade work will begin. This includes preparing the soil underneath the pavement. You should be aware that the machines doing this work will cause some vibration as the soil is compacted.
We will notify residents as we approach their block. This reconstruction work will begin on the east half of Bull Creek from Shoal Creek to Northland. Milling work is currently expected to move forward one block per week. The remaining work on each block will take an additional 3-4 weeks, meaning work will progress at the pace of one block per month. Letters with details about the construction will be hand delivered door to door to the residents on Bull Creek. There will also be a meeting at the Northwest Recreation Center on February 20 at 6:30 to discuss residents’ issues and concerns, as well as give current status and updates to construction activities. Email updates will continue as they have in the past.
Once again, thank you for working to help keep the children away from the construction area and equipment. Information on the Allandale Storm Drain Improvements can always be found at http://www.austintexas.gov/stormdrains
As always, project construction contacts are:
Project Manager, Tony Krauss
Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Construction Inspector, Jim Evans
512.974.1586 (desk); 512.576.8890
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]
Inspection Supervisor, Greg Weems
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# austintexas.gov - replace #AT# with @ ]