- We will close RM 2222 at Bull Creek Road at 10 p.m. on Friday, October 14, and reopen it before Monday morning rush hour traffic.
- No closures are expected on White Horse Trail this week.
- Correction: We have one remaining water service line on Bull Creek Road between Shoal Creek Blvd. and RM 2222 that will be installed at a later date. We are working in the intersection of Bull Creek and Northland today and tomorrow. Bull Creek Road is closed south of this intersection.
- The base layer on Bullard did not cure sufficiently for the final paving. We placed a temporary patch on it and will need to return in the future for the final paving.
- Work on the wastewater main on Bull Creek Road between RM 2222 and White Rock will finish this week or next week. We will likely start the streambank stabilization in the tributary next week. Correction: The intersection of White Rock and Bull Creek should be reopened by tomorrow.
- All dates and time frames are estimates only, based on the information available on October 13.
Tony Krauss, the project manager, will be on site for questions most Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. The location for October 18 will be announced in the next update.
Intersection of Bull Creek Rd and RM 2222
We will close RM 2222 at Bull Creek Road at 10 p.m. Friday, October 14, and reopen it before Monday morning rush hour traffic. There will be additional closures on at least four more weekends. As much as possible, traffic is being detoured to 45th and Anderson. There are a very large number of traffic control signs for this closure. We will do our best to haul them off during the week when they are not needed. However, please be prepared for the possibility of these signs being laid down on the grass in the right of way when not in use.
White Horse Trail
Before the project's end, we will have to close White Horse Trail again between Nasco and Wynona.
Bull Creek Road, the block between RM 2222 and White Rock
We are nearly finished with the wastewater main and service lines on Bull Creek Road in the block between White Rock and RM 2222. We will need to return to complete one of the service lines near the tributary.
The service lines run from the main line in the street to the property line, about 10 feet behind the curb. Installing the service lines will involved digging in the right of way section of the yard. We will re-sod any disturbed areas of yard by the end of the project. In addition, all new wastewater connections must have "cleanouts" which allow clogged lines to be more easily cleared. The cleanout is a white, PVC pipe that has an opening a little above the grass and is connected to the service line. The cleanouts will be located about 9 feet behind the curb.
We expect to start working on the streambank stabilization in the tributary the week of October 17.
We have placed a temporary patch on Bullard to open the street back up. We had started the permanent repaving when we received a small amount of rain September 17 and 18. This was enough to soak the base layer, delay curing and prevent us from finishing the permanent pavement. We will periodically test the base layer to determine when we can apply the permanent paving. We're anticipating that it may be several weeks before the base layer has cured sufficiently. Watershed Protection's field crews are currently scheduled to start working on the remaining storm drain system on Rickey, Carleen and Bullard in December. They will be installing some storm drain lines, manholes and curb inlets. Map of awork near Rickey, Carleen and Bullard.
Greenbelt near Shoal Creek Blvd and Bull Creek Rd
The work in the greenbelt is almost complete. A hand-rail still needs to be installed.
Here is a link to the web site for project:
The main contacts for this project are:
Jim Evans, Construction Inspector
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]">James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]
Tony Krauss, Project Manager
Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]">Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]
Greg Weems, Inspection Supervisor
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]">Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]