- We will close RM 2222 at Bull Creek Road on Saturday, September 24 and Sunday, September 25. There will be additional closures on at least five more weekends.
- White Horse Trail between Nasco and Woodview/Shoalwood will be closed for the rest of this week. We think it will be reopened by September 19.
- Next week, we will close Bull Creek Road, just south of RM 2222. We will resume laying the box culvert from where we left off, right up to the intersection of RM 2222. Expect driveways at 5804, 5805, 5806 and 5807 Bull Creek to be blocked. The intersection of Bull Creek Road and RM 2222 will be briefly closed to move the equipment across.
- We expect to be through the Northland intersection by the end of this week with the new water main on Bull Creek Road. We may start installing the service lines on Saturday, September 17.
- We have started repaving Bullard and it should be open by early next week.
- Work on the tributary near White Rock should start this week.
- All dates and time frames are estimates only, based on the information available on September 13.
Informal Meeting: The Project Manager, Tony Krauss, is available for questions at the north end of the excavation on Bull Creek Road at 5:30 p.m. most Tuesdays. If you come, please stay out of the barricaded area.
Intersection of Bull Creek Rd and RM 2222: This intersection will be closed on Saturday, September 24 and Sunday, September 25. It will be closed for at least 5 additional weekends. The contractor will be laying the box culvert across this intersection with an open cut excavation as originally planned.
Status of the Box Culverts on Bull Creek Rd: The contractor continues to install the two 7 by 4 foot box culverts on Bull Creek Road. Construction is on White Horse. We expect to finish with the box culverts on White Horse by September 16.
For installation of the box culvert, about 400 feet of Bull Creek Road is completely closed to traffic on a 24-hour basis. The progress depends on the amount of rock and the conflicting utility lines. The closure cannot be reopened at night for safety reasons.
White Horse Trail: White Horse Trail should reopen by September 19. The contractor also needs to install a 36-inch storm drain pipe down White Horse Trail between Nasco and Wynona before the project's end.
Bull Creek Road, the block between RM 2222 and White Rock: The contractor will need to return to this block to continue working in the tributary, to install a new wastewater line and to install new water and wastewater service lines. The work on the tributary is likely to start first, the week of September 12. The work on the service lines will likely start when the contractor finishes work on the box culvert. The service lines are pipes that connect the main line in the street to the property line. Installing the service lines is much faster than installing the box culverts. Lanes may be closed by each house as the work progresses, but driveways should not be blocked for more than a day or so, and one lane on the road should be open.
Bull Creek Road, the block between Shoal Creek Blvd and RM 2222: On September 19, we will be closing Bull Creek Road just south of the RM 2222 intersection to finish installing the box culvert up to the edge of the intersection. Expect driveways at 5804, 5805, 5806 and 5807 Bull Creek to be blocked. The intersection of Bull Creek Road and RM 2222 will be briefly closed to move the equipment across.
The contractor has started installing the new water main on Tuesday, September 6. We expect to be through the Northland intersection by September 16. We may start installing service lines on Saturday, September 17. It is likely to take about a month to install the water line, the service lines and complete the required testing of the lines. Installing the service lines and water main is much faster than installing the box culverts. To install the service lines, we will probably need to close both lanes of the road. Driveways may be occasionally blocked, but for the most part, there should be access to driveways.
Bullard Drive: Repaving work has begun on Bullard Drive. We think we will be able to open the street by Monday, September 19. If it is not open on Monday, it should open within a day or two. Construction may resume in this area later in the fall, when Watershed Protection's crews are planning to begin installing the remainder of the storm drain system on Rickey, Carleen and Bullard.
Greenbelt near Shoal Creek Blvd and Bull Creek Rd: The work in the greenbelt is almost complete. A hand-rail still needs to be installed.
Here is a link to the web site for project:
The main contacts for this project are:
Jim Evans, Construction Inspector
James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]
Tony Krauss, Project Manager
Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]
Greg Weems, Inspection Supervisor
Greg.Weems [Email address: Greg.Weems #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]
Please let me know if you wish to be added to or removed from this email distribution list.
Public Information Specialist Senior
City of Austin
Watershed Protection Department
Stephanie.Lott [Email address: Stephanie.Lott #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]