On Sunday, February 20th, the following roads in the Allandale area will close to traffic by 7:00am and reopen on a rolling schedule based on the location of the last runner. All roads should reopen by 1:00pm.
- The southbound lane of Shoal Creek between Hancock Dr. and White Rock Dr. will be closed to traffic. The northbound lane will maintain vehicle traffic.
- All of Great Northern Blvd between White Rock and Foster Lane will be closed to traffic.
- The east bound lanes of Foster between Great Northern and Northcross Dr. The westbound lanes will maintain vehicle traffic.
- The east bound lanes of Northcross Dr from Foster to Burnet Rd.
During the event access in and out of the Allandale area will be available via Anderson Lane, Mopac and Burnet Road as well as side streets that do not cross the race route. All signalized intersections along the race route will be staffed by officers of the Austin Police Department to assist with access in and
out. The runners will cross Burnet Rd at Northcross Dr. and proceed east to Woodrow on Morrow Dr.
The Allandale Neighborhood Association Executive Committee announces a
specially-called meeting about a proposed supportive housing development at 7685
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Location: Covenant Presbyterian Church (room to be announced)
The meeting will include:
1) Presentation of the “adaptive reuse” development plan, by Sarah Andre,
2) Q&A with Ms. Andre
3) Explanation of the review process
4) Discussion on any action for ANA to take.
There is another meeting Wednesday, February7. The Development Committee of
North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Association is meeting with the applicant's
representative and invites other neighborhoods to participate. For details:
Just wanted to touch on the most important aspects from Tuesday's Commander's Forum:
There were about 15 residents who braved the cold, and nearly 20 APD employees in attendance. Five of us were from Allandale, so that was a good showing. The information APD most wanted us to learn about was the reorganization.
APD used to be divided into 3 areas, and this January they switched to a 4 Regions system, hopefully to better serve Austin.
Allandale is in Region 1, which is served by 190 patrol officers. Within Region 1 there are 3 Sectors (Downtown/George, Baker and IDA), and Allandale is split between Baker 3 and IDA 4. The Region 1 Support Commander is John Romoser and Patrol Commander is Marcy Gonzales, so our commanders haven't changed. Lt. Srg. Troy Officer oversees the DRs and detectives as well.
South of 2222 is Baker 3, served by District Representative (DR) Officer Rolando Gutierrez, Rolando.firstname.lastname@example.org, 974-5998
North of 2222 is IDA 4, served by DR Officer Gary Griffin, Gary.email@example.com, 974-8392