The intersection of Bull Creek Road and Shoal Creek Boulevard will be closed beginning Monday, January 17, 2011. On Monday, most of the work on Bull Creek Road will be preparatory in nature including closing the intersection and moving in equipment and supplies. On Tuesday, the contractor will start digging in the street to install a 8 foot by 6 foot box culvert. The box culvert is a rectangular concrete pipe that will carry storm water from the neighborhood to Shoal Creek.
Here are some important notes:
- Access to homes will be via Northland Drive.
- The work will start around 7:15 most mornings.
- The equipment used for this construction needs ample space to work. Please park your vehicles away from the work as it progresses.
- Please expect to see dump trucks hauling material to and from this site and noise from the heavy equipment.
- The contractor and Jim Evans, the Construction Inspector, will be informing homeowners as the work progresses to prevent vehicles being blocked in driveways during this construction.
- Work in this general area is likely to take several weeks.
In addition, work has begun on the “jack and bore” in the parkland near Shoal Creek, by Bull Creek Road. This is needed for installation of the outfall.
We apologize for the inevitable inconvenience associated with this construction. We are trying to minimize it as much as possible.
Here is a link to the web site for project: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/watershed/flood_allandale.htm
The main contacts for this project are:
Jim Evans, Construction Inspector 512-974-1586 James.Evans [Email address: James.Evans #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]
Tony Krauss, Project Manager 512-974-7138 Tony.Krauss [Email address: Tony.Krauss #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]
Stephanie LottPublic Information Specialist Senior
City of Austin
Watershed Protection Department
512-974-2799 (phone)512-802-7456 (pager)
Stephanie.Lott [Email address: Stephanie.Lott #AT# ci.austin.tx.us - replace #AT# with @ ]