NNOkata02 NNOkata01 Hosted by Kata Carbone and David Orshalick, West 49 1/2 Street had a fine turnout, where the pumpkin cupcakes were upstaged by a visit from Austin's station #12 firefighters. Neighbors were treated to an inside view of an amazing firetruck andlearned quite a lot about safety. Candles, space heaters, and smoking materials are prime culprits in starting fires. Neighbors are urged to ensure that smoke detectors are in goodworking order: we should all get into the habit of changing the batteries in the Spring and Fall when we change the clocks. Smoke detectors are especially vital at night because when we're asleep, our sense of smell is dormant as well.