There were approximately a dozen neighbors that showed up at the Putt Putt place to meet with the Bucys (father and son) and go over their plans for the facility. Here is a description of the planned Biergarten John handed out to the group along with a layout of the place.
"Twin Oaks Biergarten, LLC located at 6700 Burnet Road in the heart of Austin is an all outdoor family friendly facility with mini golf, a play scape, 2 sand volleyball courts for league play plus food drinks and fun! Twin Oaks will be a great place to watch the game, hang out with friends and co-workers after a long day of work or host a party!"
Here are some of my notes from the meeting:
- there will be a small restaurant that serves beer and wine
- will include two volleyball courts, biergarten, playscape, miniature golf, and bounce house
- plan to fence off the the entire back of the property that will include a gate
- hours of operation will be 11:00 to midnight on weekdays, 10:00 to midnight on Saturdays, and 10:00 to not sure yet on Sundays
- volleyball league play will end at 10:00 p.m.
- will adhere to the city's sound decibel level restrictions
- live music (singer-songwriter-type music) planned for Saturday evenings ending at 10:00
- no change to existing parking lot
- plans are to open up in June
- will have security system in place after hours
- the two large trees on the property will remain
- noise at previous Putt Putt facility was loud at times
- would like the fence to run the length of the property line along the parking lot
- "would you consider additional sound barriers beyond the planned 8' fence?"
- "why are you staying open so late?"
- one person recommended having the play area closer to the seating area similar to Amy's and to Central Market where parents can keep a closer watch on their children. The current configuration does not make it truly family-friendly for families with small children.