Join the National Wildlife Federation’s (NWF) nationwide team of volunteers who serve their communities as Habitat Stewards(tm)
Training Topics Include:
– Native Plants for Wildlife
– Attracting Birds & Butterflies
– Landscape Design Principles
– Invasive Plants & Habitat Restoration
Habitat Stewards Receive:
* 30+ hours of intensive, hands-on training
* A comprehensive training manual including regional resources
* Advice and practical training from local conservation professionals
* Field trips and hands-on educational sessions with community members
In return for training, volunteers must provide 30 hours of service to NWF within one year of the training.
Examples of projects include: helping neighbors transform their landscapes to benefit wildlife, writing an article for a local newspaper or distributing habitat information at a local festival.
Training fee: $40.00
All Classes Must Be Attended!
Thursday Sept. 10 6:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday Sept. 12 9:00am-3:00pm
Thursday Sept. 17 6:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday Sept. 19 9:00am-3:30pm
Thursday Sept. 24 6:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday Sept. 26 8:30am-12:00pm
Thursday Oct. 1 6:00pm-8:30pm
Saturday Oct. 3 8:30am-12:00pm
Registration deadline is August 27, 2009. Enrollment is limited. Application process required.
Must have Austin address to register. Cancellation policy applicable, see website for more details, www.keepaustinwild.
Please contact Alice Nance with the Austin Parks & Recreation Department to apply and/or for more information: alice.nance@
Keep Austin Wild!
City of Austin Parks & Recreation Department
Conservation Program Coordinator- Wildlife Austin
301 Nature Center Drive
Austin, TX 78746
Phone: 512-327-8181 ext. 29