submitted by Kerry Kimbrough [Email address: kkjpr #AT# austin.rr.com - replace #AT# with @ ]
Here are things that neighbors say they like about VMU. Do
you agree? In the coming Allandale VMU Survey, you can tell us what you think.
- Attracts upscale developments
- Because VMU is more expensive to build, it is more likely to
produce attractive, upscale, well-maintained residences and businesses.
- Makes it easier to shop and eat nearby
- VMU will bring more places to shop and eat nearby and will
be easier to reach by walking.
- Encourages better public transportation
- By concentrating new residents on the transit corridors, VMU
creates incentives to improve public transportation service to the
neighborhood. (continue reading "VMU: Will it be good…)