submitted by Kerry Kimbrough [Email address: kkjpr #AT# austin.rr.com - replace #AT# with @ ]
Here are things that neighbors say they dislike about VMU.
Do you agree? In the coming Allandale VMU Survey, you can tell us what you
- Causes parking overflow into the neighborhood
- In many places, parking is already scarce. VMU will reduce
parking even more, and its clientele will have to park in front of our houses.
- Increases rush-hour congestion on main roads
- If VMU reaches maximum density everywhere, it will add
35,000 trips per day. Even a fraction of this will cause Burnet or Anderson to
- Brings people who won’t get involved in the community
- Transient renters without close ties to the neighborhood
will weaken the community spirit that we value.
- Intrudes on the privacy of nearby homes
- VMU will build to the maximum height and new residents will
loom over adjacent back yards during non-work hours.
- Increases traffic spillover onto neighborhood streets (continue reading VMU: Will it be…)